Clutter is stagnant energy and it creates ripple effects such as being stuck in your life and business.
- You tend to buy items twice because you can’t find them.
- Food gets expired.
- Items get ruined.
- You lose gift cards.
- Trying to remember where you left your keys, your folder or whatever you’re looking for.
- Having a huge to do list and never moving forward with it.
- Time lost looking for things.
- Time lost procrastinating because organizing a room seems too overwhelming.
- Finding the time to organize your home with small kids is really challenging.
- It affects your mood by giving you a sense of hopelessness.
- People with very messy homes lead less satisfying lives and suffer more from depression.
- They also tend to eat worse because their kitchen is too cluttered to be able to cook a healthy meal.
- They suffer from decision fatigue: where to start? Where should this go? Which containers should I buy in order to organize? What should I toss? What if I need it after I tossed it? Should I keep it just in case? Should I organize by color or by most frequently used?
- Lack of energy because you’re exhausted after a day’s work and the last thing that you want to do is organize.